glitter

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Oh what a week

I can't believe the weekend is here, never thought it would come. I actually have a few minutes to sit and drink some coffee. The week started with some froggy throats & ended with 2 trips to see the Dr. Last Friday Steven stayed home from school just not feeling well & slept the whole day. On Sat he awoke feeling great. Monday Steven came from school with a frog in his throat but said he felt fine. Caroline borrowed the frog on Tuesday but had no other symptoms. I sent everyone to school on Wednesday even though I had an uneasy feeling about it, but it was the first day of the new MOPS season and I was in charge of the craft. Sorry but I wasnt going to miss it, I would only be angry about it later. So at 1:30 I picked up Mitchell from school and drove him to therapy. Grace & I returned home right around 2:30 and were just about to hop in bath when the phone wrang. Caroline has 101 temp and needs to be picked up. When I got to school I asked how I can get one of the reserved spots up front, ha ha. Now the one thing that helped me feel like things weren't really going down hill was I got a text from my girlfriend on the way to the school saying she wasn't going to make bowling tomorrow because her daughter fractured both her wrists and she felt like she had an infant again she needed to care for. Sorry Beth, I was laughing since I was glad it wasn't me. The evening went ok. Steve had work things all week and didn't get home until after bedtime each night but I was managing. Sick kids means they're tired at the end of the day. Well Caroline woke up coughing & grasping for air at 1:30, 3:30 & 5:00 am. I was giving her Albuterol breathing treatments but it wasn't doing the trick. I told Steve we were going to the ER and oh ya, Grace's fever spiked at 106 during the night. Make sure she drinks her Tylenol laced juice and have fun getting the both off to school, I'll be at the hospital. Turns out Caroline has croup & bronchitis. They set us up with a breathing treatment with a miracle drug in it , a steroid crushed up & a zythromax script and said she should be better soon. Things went ok at home too, I went back to sleep until almost 3:00pm. Grace's crazy fever broke during the night and woke cool to the touch Friday morning. It was only then she started acting whiny & coughing/crying. While she was running at 104 during the weekdays I would say "grace you feel warm" and she would say " no mommy I feel fine, I ok" and play around like normal. Now when she doesn't have a fever she's acting sick. Ugh. We headed to the Dr after dinner and the confirmed she was sick....with the common cold. Thank you for your time & money, have a nice night. They are on the mend, Caroline has a bit of a temp still but the coughing is productive and doesn't interfere with breathing. Knock on wood, Mitchell & Steven are feeling ok. Let's start next week off well.

No comments:

Post a Comment