glitter

Friday, April 20, 2012

Letter to the Editor

Since my recent letter to Lockport Legend has been published I feel it is a good time to share what happened to us. As you will read, DCFS came to our house on March 27 - Mitchell's 6th birthday. We do not know what prompted the call to the hotline the weekend prior nor do we have confirmation of who made that call, we likely will never know. I have decided it is time I start making people aware of what special needs families live with. Mitchell has Autism and it's not going away. I have a voice and I am going to put it to good use.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job! Beware of a Momma & Daddy Bear, they protect their cubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great article!! You are such amazing parents and an amazing family! I'm here if you need anything at all!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete