glitter

Saturday, April 28, 2012

It could be worse

Most of my adult life I have been a glass half full gal. So it should come as no surprise that with parenting I view all situations with an "it could have been worse " moto. Raising 3 neuro-typical children and 1 special needs child I have plenty of opportunities to say this to myself. Most recently Caroline ran up from the basement where the kids had been playing to tell me Mitchell was sticking his head in the toilet and he didn't he any clothes on. What could have been worse? In my mind worse would be if he had gone to the bathroom before hand and kept his clothes on so they are now soaked. But being the neat person he is these days and I'm sure thinking ahead for mommy's reaction (ha ha) the toilet was clean and his clothes were dry enough to put right back on after a stepping into the shower. I think if I didn't see things the way I would have lost my mind a long time ago. Yesterday when Mitchell decided to pee through the second floor railing all over the couch, it could have been worse how? Easy, if someone was sitting on the couch.. No one was hurt in the incident and it sets a pretty low standard for the rest of my day.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I don't think life would be nearly as much fun as a pessimist. So glad you're looking on the bright side always :-)

    And I love the honesty in your posts, so glad to read them!

    ReplyDelete