glitter

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Christmas Flu

Every year we get the flu and pass it around like a grab bag gift. Sometimes it's the upper respitory flu but mainly it's the good old stomach flu. I remember January 2002 being the first time as an adult I had the flu. It has come to visit every year, beginning with different family members each time. Steven came down with the flu while I was skiing early 2004, gave it to Steve before I returned then passed along to me and both sets of grandparents. Caroline the next year was sick Christmas eve and missed all the Christmas morning excitement & most of Christmas day. We all had it by the New Year. Then there was the Christmas we left the Iveys in Oak Lawn and didn't even make it out of town before Steven vomited all over the back of our brand new minivan, it was 2005. I came down with it shortly after while being 7 months pregnant. And how can we forget surviving the Christmas chaos last year only to drive 3 hrs to Indianapolis for Steven to spend his first night sick at the hotel. We had already exposed all pur friends that day so why go home? Well our friend has come early this year and hopefully will be gone quickly. Mitchell came down with the stomach flu last night. Poor guy can't tell me now he feels but I really think he understands when I explain to him that he's sick and he's gong to be ok. In the past I don't think he really got what was happening to him. On a funny note, I gave him a bucket in the middle of the night - a clean bucket- and he put it over his head. He's still a character vene when feeling under the weather. As much as I hate having sick ones in the house, I enjoy the calmness when they just lay on the couch and the fact I don't have to run all over creation today. I might be able get the house somewhat picked up to get ready for the mess that is coming on

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh! This is the first year that we did not get the "Christmas Flu". Sorry it found you. It's only a matter of time for all of us ;-)

    ReplyDelete