glitter

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy Wednesday

So it's Wednesday and MOPS is starting up again after a month break. I can't wait o see my friends and have some great conversation & food. I look at the clock, it's 8:10am and figure I have enough time to shower before the kids head out the bus. Up I head, feeling good at how the morning is playing out. Shuffle of feet, knock on the door " mommy? The toilet downstairs overflowed.". "what? Oh my gosh, is there water all over the floor?". "no, just a little". " ok, shut the door and keep Mitchell out, I'll be right down". "ok but he's not in there...anymore". Cursing, that isn't good. "ahhh Mitchell peed on Steven's Legos". Of course he did, where else would he go when he's shooed out of the only bathroom without a child lock. I check on Mitchell, he's dressed so I head to clean up bathroom before cleaning Steven's room. Bathroom isn't as bad as I anticipated. When asked if she used too much toilet paper, Caroline said Mitchell put some in, then took it out. This would explain the soggy TP now stuck to my walls. 10 minutes before I need to send the older ones out to the bus, so I grab the pee items upstairs to soak in bleach. Walking back into the bedroom I smell that all too familiar smell. "where did you poop?" I ask. There it is, one more mess to clean before I can eave the house. I managed to get everyone on their buses on time and Grace & I out the door only minutes behind schedule. At MOPS I am reminded to keep "me" in my life and look for the good in things. Oddly enough there are a lot of good things everyday in my life, even this morning. For me, cleaning up reminds me that I do have 4 awesome kids and I see "me" in them. What would I do with my time if I didn't have them in my life? Here & now is right where I want to be, nowhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment