glitter

Friday, January 27, 2012

Vacation Planning

It's only a couple weeks until the Iveys invade the land of Mickey Mouse & Princesses. Accomodations, flights, rental car, meals are all taken care of. That's the easy part in my book, now I need to start my daily planning. With 4 kids and Steve to keep entertained for 6 days I need help so I load the Fodor's 2012 Disney With Kids Guide onto my Nook and start my research. Each page brings a new fact, even to me. Just when I think I know my way around Disney they throw in something else. While reading the section on Lost Kids, which i was going to skip, i discover you can get a tag at guest relations to attach to your child's clothing with your cell phone number on it. I will have to dig out our Autism tattoos we didn't use last time to put on Mitchell. Then reality kicks in when I read the next section "in real emergencies - where the child is very young or disabled - bulletins are put out among the employees" oh great, thats the category we fall into and my blood pressure just shot up & I'm starting to cry. Geesh. Steve told me we could only go to Disney if I didn't freak out about it. Maybe if I do all my freaking out before we board the plan it will all be ok. Can't wait to read "Tips to Save Your Sanity" and "Tips for People With Dissabilities". They probably both list "don't lose your child" as #1. Deep breath.

1 comment:

  1. Try the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, they also have a section on "Special Tips for Special People". I've always loved these books because they give you options outside the Disney parameters too! Like requesting a fridge for your room, and the nearest regular priced store to pick up things like apple juice, and a box of cereal, or frozen waffles :)

    ReplyDelete