glitter

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Potty Training 1

So excited, Trinity Services called back to set up intake meeting for Toilet Training and to tell me if we agree to let them use data collected for research purposes it will be free. I love free, of course I am on board with that. The regular cost is $750 which is partly covered by insurance as ABA therapy but free is definitely better. Mitchell & I go in Thursday for intake and from there, if they feel he is ready we set up the 1 day (6-8 HR) intensive training at the family center. Backtrack to March, I started training while on spring break. It was going fairly well, good day then bad day then good day then on the upswing until Saturday when Mitchell came down with a bug & diarrhea. Once that cleared up Spring Break was over & so was potty training. He discovered flushing the toilet soon after that and was too distracted in bathroom to sit & do his business. He will go on potty if I constantly put him on there and watch him like a hawk but that is next to I possible with everyone else bedding my attention too. This training will work on bad behaviors (toilet flushing, hands in toilet, etc) so he will learn to do his business and be on his way. Sensory wise he is totally there, he just chooses not to stop what he is doing to go potty on toilet. Very typical behavior, right?

1 comment:

  1. You inspired me...http://suziscreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete