glitter

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Clean Bathroom

I've managed to get through 13 yrs of marriage & 4 kids without the messy toilets I hear about from people who struggle daily to keep them clean. Steve is a clean person, a little OCD, Steven sat to pee until 1 st grade and Mitchell chose to sit when we potty trained 6 months ago. I always loved that my bathroom didn't require as much maintenance as others. Out of the blue, last night, my dad went to check on Mitchell in the bathroom and found him spraying it with his pee. Why wouldn't he it looks like so much fun? So everytime he went to bathroom today I had to follow with paper towels & clorox wipes. I was amazed at how far that spray goes. Wow! And now it seems like he's going less often so he can get a longer/higher stream. Maybe yhat's just in my head. Is this what I have missed all these years. Our bathroom is getting much dirtier but ends up even cleaner because it's bring disinfected every couple hours. I am curious though what caused this chane in his behavior. He doesn't watch anyone else go potty so is it just an instinct that kicked in? The way he does it, like not pulling his pants all the way down, isn't something we taught him, he just does it. So messy, gross bathroom and all this is a HUGE step for Mitchell. Might be considered a minor milestone for other people but a relatively large one for us in that it makes him more typical. Wish I could get into that brilliant mind of his and see how he figures it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment