glitter

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Disney In The Middle

What better way to start out Valentine's Day than a breakfast with the Princesses at Norway's Akerhsus Banquet Hall. We had done this before and the girls loved it but this time the boys are coming too.
Breakfast with a Princess is not high on Steven's lists for this vacation but he suffered through it nicely. Princess Aurora teased him so much he scooted off his chair, spending her visit in a corner. Mitchell was was doing very well until he returned from the bathroom, I think mad he was didn't go out the exit, and threw the iPad. Of course it hit a piece of stone wall on the only corner not hidden by the cover and jammed the on/off button. It's out of commission now, moving onto phones to keep him occupied. Grace joined in a procession and helped Aurora lead the way. Each Princess stopped by our table and Grace melted in their arms as Caroline patiently waited her turn
and gave a big smile for the pictures. Caroline has become shy around all the characters, not knowing what to say, but Grace is just like Caroline was at 2, running to them and chatting away. After breakfast we happened upon Mulan and Jasmine for photo ops without any wait.
Mitchell was doing awesome just looking around taking in the sights so the girls could have their fun. I didn't even hear Steven complain at all. The weather was gorgeous and he asked for a hat he saw in China. After hanging out in Germany for a
while Steven and I went to look for his hat. We decided to go to Japan since it was closer than China and maybe they would have a similar hat. I know, not very PC of me. After browsing the large shop in Japan and listening to Steven name over 50 Pokemon stuffed creatures we ran into to Steve and Mitchell running through the courtyard. Something's missing. I appears we have misplaced the girls. We both left Germany thinking the other had them. Oh Crap! We ran back to Germany and the stroller, or girls, are not where we left them. We quickly found a security guard, oddly the only cop looking guy I had seen since our arrival maybe because I wasn't looking before. He took our information and told us to look around for the girls and that they were on it as well. Since I rarely go into panic mode, I remained calm and confident they were ok. As long as they were together I was pretty sure they were fine and if Grace was on her own, there would have been some commotion by now and security would have already been notified. We split up, Steven and I taking Germany on first then I thought maybe Caroline heard us talking about the hat and went to China. Sure enough, as we approached China I saw them coming over a bridge with 2 cast members by their side. The ladies were very nice telling me how great a big sister Caroline was and not passing judgement as I know some people will. They said Caroline was not worried at all and that mom and dad would be around. They had been playing with puppets in a shop and a vacationer notified a cast member they seemed to be alone. The ladies were heading out of the shop to get a hold of security because the cell phone weren't working inside and then they were heading back to Germany where Carline said she last saw us. When I texted Steve to say I had the girls, security had just called him to inquire the color of Caroline's dress. It seems they had 2 girls in Mexico that matched our description but in pink that had been misplaced as well. I'm sure this is just another day for them. After that, Steve was spent (yes, his stress level was at boiling point) and we decided to call it a day. After buying Steven his hat, it was the least I could do, we went back to Fort Wilderness to swim. Much to my chagrin, this through off my schedule completely. We missed a parade at Hollywood Studios and dinner at Pizza Planet. We ate at Magic Kingdom after we struggled to find a place with something for everyone. I spent the rest of the night rearranging our agenda to make sure we would do everything we came to do. At the pool Steven & Caroline found kids to play with and Grace made a new friend as well. She also no longer needs me in the pool with her to cling on to - yay! Mitchell did his usual run along the edge until he found a good spot to jump in. When he started jumping into the hot tub and splashing people Steve went to relax over there.
The earlier struggled seemed miles away as the day ended. A view of the castle lit up at night is a magical sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment