glitter

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Full Moon & Storms

The full moon isn't just for werewolves anymore. Like most kids with Autism, Mitchell has heightened sensory awareness. He can feel energies in his body the rest of us don't pay attention to. The full moon and storms can send Mitchell's body into chaos. We started noticing about a year ago that after the moon reached the end of it's cycle Mitchell became a little sillier, distracted and his sleep patterns changed. Then I read a study about Astrological signs and Autism and started to make sense. It might sound like quackery to most but when I mentioned it to our therapist she agreed she has definitely seen changes in the kids she treats over the years. All with the same reactions as Mitchell. Google fuul moon and Autism and you'll see I am not alone. So now I have an App in the my phone tracking the moon's schedule and sending me alerts. The same situation occurs when a storm system heads into to town. When the air pressure changes it causes a disturbance in the force and Mitchell can sense it. It is so hard for him to process daily activities and sort them out, imagine with having to place the weather and moon cycles in there somewhere too. The full moon was the 7th but combined with the weather changes and snow, here I am this morning awoken at 4:30 but sounds of laughter and a wide awake 5 yr old who didn't want to go to bed even at 10:00pm. Doesn't he know the rest of us need sleep? We are hoping he can work thus out before our trip. We need to start planning better I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, so much to consider. . . Hope you got a nap!

    ReplyDelete