glitter

Thursday, June 28, 2012

I'm On A Roll

People irritate me and I'm not going to let them get away with it when they are inappropriate.
This is the email I sent to Great Clips customer service today.  I couldn't say anything then because I really would have lost it. I waited a few days to calm down before I wrote it.  Not sure if that helped.  Does anyone hear this crap everywhere like I do?  maybe I am just more in tune with it.


I took my daughter to the Lockport Great Clips last week and the conversation I overheard between stylist Jenn and her client made my blood boil.  She was talking about the kids that come in and the way they behave, kicking & screaming and yelling at their parents and how she would not put up with that and then mentioned they were "like 5 & 6".  I have a 6 yr old Autistic son who struggles everyday with sensory input that most of us take for granted and to hear a person who should be able to deal with children nicely talk this way make me furious.  I would have left right then but I didn't want to upset my daughter.  The hairstylist needs to keep her customer comments to herself - or at least in the back room.  She has no idea what some parents have to go through to get a child's hair cut, it's not cut and dry and the child isn't always being a brat.  How wonderful for her that she does not have a child who ever acts up.  Ignorant and uneducated people like Jenn are the reason I do not bring my Autistic son to a hair salon anymore.  Maybe a little more training for the stylists wouldn't hurt either.
Thank you for your time.

1 comment: