glitter

Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Day To Remember

I was just thinking yesterday how my rating scale for good/bad days probably differs greatly from others. Friday was a good day. Not because anything special happened but because it was much better than Thursday. Today was a great day, I'll explain why this is.
On Thursday I woke a little after 6am to the giggles of 3 girls who just weren't tired anymore. A few hours later as we all (3 of mine & 2 extra) piled into the van to pick up Mitchll from school and drive to camp I realized I hadn't replaced the seat I took out a few weeks back. No big deal, I'll just put it back in. Ha ha. Things don't go that smoothly for me most of the time. 15 minutes later we are at the school still trying to figure it out. I took the seat out, why can't I get it back in? I give up, I'm ready to scream, we drive off with Steven sitting illegally in the front seat, a folded bucket seat sitting unattached in the 2nd row and I'm praying I don't get pulled over. We arrive home safely after dropping Mitchell at camp and my mom shows up to help me. Thank goodness she figured it out because I couldn't drive all the way to Hometown illegally to drop of the 2 extras later on. The rest of the night went fairly well. This was a not so good day, but there hav been worse.
Friday was uneventful. Summer school, camp and therapy. Ran like a well oiled machine. No tantrums or upsets and I don't even recall the 2 olders kids even arguing with me. Steve was out until after bedtime but there wasn't any trouble. This is a good day.
A great day is one I have to make note of. It doesn't mean the entire day was all candy canes & gumdrops but there are bits of sprinkles here & there. Today Mitchell said 3 little words most moms of 5 yr olds hear all the time. We play a game of chase where we end up squishing on his bed pillows and I always tell him I love him. He looks intently at my eyes then my mouth trying to form sounds with his own. Once I heard the sounds but it was more just repeating the inflectin in my voice. Today, Mitchell came in from playing on the waterslide for a hug. He grabbed my chin and said "I" "I" so I said "I love you" and responded "I wuv you.". And that is all it takes to move the day way up to the top of my rating scale.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like an " i wuv you", makes it all worth it!

    ReplyDelete