glitter

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Girls

Caroline & Grace are growing up so fast. The things they say & do really make me stop and the smell the roses while I can. Caroline has a new boy friend. There aren't any girls on the block Caroline's age so she has always had a boy friend around. First it was Nate until he figured out she was a girl I think. Then it was Jack for a about 2 yrs. They are fabulous together and she just moved right into her second home across the street. Now there is Mason whom she sits with on the bus. He lives at the end of the street but we didn't know him before this year. Now it's Mason this, Mason that. I felt so bad about Jack I called his mom to apologize for my daughter dropping him Like a sack of potatoes. She said she saw this coming as their interests were changing and they were fighting more than having fun when together. Typical things before the break up right? And Caroline started riding her 2 wheeler and if you can't keep up, you're left in the dust. Anyhow, Caroline did see Jack over the weekend and is teaching him to ride his bike. Not sure how Mason is going to feel about this. We saw Mason at Great Clips last week and his dad & brother were really trying their best not to embarrass him in front of Caroline. Hid brother kept poking him and was snickering the whole time. Then, yesterday, Caroline came home from School and said "Mason has a girlfriend!". Really? Who says that? "I did". Steven chimes in. " yay she yelled it to the whole bus a bunch of times". So I told Caroline she shouldn't tease Mason and that she was the girlfriend. She just looked at me like she didn't understand. Oh boy. Then there's Grace. She only wants to get dressed when we need to leave the house and then it's only in CaCa's clothes. Now she also wants to be Jasmine for Halloween, same as Caroline. Grace told me today "mommy I stay home by myself, I old enough now". Great that is a huge load off my back. She talks all the time about various friends of hers as if she hangs out with Ms Blanche (at bowling), Jonah, Elle, Beth, Allie & Brett. And she's do polite with please, thank you, oh sorry but then also the occasional oh darn and its not fair. Today she looked up at the sky and said it looked like rain and sure enough the northern sky was dark & it started raining 5 minutes later. How does a 2 yr old now this? I am amazed every day with the things that come out of her mouth. I have to do a better job of writing them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment