glitter

Monday, October 17, 2011

Mother of the Year

I am sitting at Mitchell's therapy, by myself, and have time to reflect on the happenings around Ivey land. Let's see, Mitchell woke this morning at 3 kicking his wall and screaming. This happened last week too and he fell back asleep so I let it go. How awful do you think I felt when I go to wake him and see his laying in corner of his bed on bare mattress wrapped completely in a sheet with a soaking wet pj short next to him and wet pants on. Yep he wet his bed, woke up mad and mommy didn't care enough to come check in him. Ugh. Luckily he doesn't hold a grudge. So to make up for being a bad mom I took Grace in for her 2 yr picture. She turned 2 1/2 last week and has not had an updated picture since 1 yr. Plus, I made an appt for a family picture next week. I think I could get some points for this. Last week I struggled to maintain a resemblance of a functioning household and this week I am starting off so good! Pat on the back. Provided Steven & Caroline don't fight the second they're home, Grace says my name less than 50x a day and Mitchell keeps his clothes on & tries not to lose his mind and smack himself in the head or kick another hole in the wall and I don't have to return home 4x every time I try to leave the house. It's only 5 days until Friday. I hear Mitchell screeching at his therapist, Joe, because he does not want to go on the playground, it's time to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment