glitter

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Steve & I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary this week. Crazy isn't it?  It seems so long long ago but yet I can remember all the details like yesterday.  The rain, the salon scrambling for a makeup girl because the scheduled girl lost her mother the previous night, Bert's car bring broken into at rehearsal dinner, Jack windshield being impaled, singer not getting off work, organist getting in car accident on way to church, Fr. Burke showing everyone my 8th grade yearbook picture, all our friends and family being there to celebrate with us.  Am I forgetting anything?  The day was the perfect start to our life together.
Thirteen years ago I didn't look too far into the future.  If I thought about our life in 2011 I new we would have 4 kids but didn't know we would be finished adding on.  I new Steve would be successful in his career but did not see me having already spent 8 yrs at home raising our children.  I new we would be happy but could not imagine feeling as complete as I do now.  This has been quite a journey and I am looking forward to the next 13, 23, 33 years.  We are so blessed to have relationships with the same people we celebrated with all those years ago and also new and returning friends we can celebrate with now. Cheers to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. You have not aged a bit!! Happy anniversary to you guys, hope you were able to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete