glitter

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ear Infection

It turns out Mitchell's clumsiness on the counter may have been caused by a "severe" ear infection he was diagnosed with last night at the immediate care. This would also explain the 1am-4am play time the night before. I returned from a wonderful day of shopping to find him crying & pushing on his ear. When we looked into it with a flashlight he kept grabbing the flashlight & aiming it at his ear as if to say "please find out what is wrong.". Poor guy. I took him to the immediate care since it was 4pm on Saturday. Not my first choice, I have found the dr on duty is somewhat of a nitwit & doesn't really know children at all but I was stuck. We were only able to look in one ear before he started losing his mind but it looked awful so we got our script and went home. Wait I also want to mention how Dr Nitwit commented on how we wouldn't look into his other ear so we don't get him all upset and loud with the other patients coming in and all. Anyhow, after we get home I have to get ready to go out with Steve and we attempt to give Mitchell his antibiotics. Steve looks at the dropper I have filled and says " he has to take all of this?". Yep 7ML 2x day. Ths is gonna be fun. My mom & I ended up spotted with pink. I was picking through my hair all night. I don't think Mitchell swallowed any of it, now it is being put in his juice. Today he is back to himself and is actually drinking the juice. Next time I will just ask for a shot of antibiotics, it's the okay way to guarantee he'll get the full dosage. Oh and he is still limping but we couldn't stand one more minute at the immediate care. Well work on that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment