glitter

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I wish I had a working camera to capture all the new memories we created today. The Iveys have officially taken over the Steele family Thanksgving this year and although the Aunts, Uncles & cousins went out of town for the holiday, it was still a festive event. It kinda felt like any other day with Jim, Amy, the kids and my folks over but with better food. We managed to eat within 30 minutes of my schedule time and everything was super yummy. I put the turkey in the oven exactly when I had planned and was so proud of myself for stuffing it with my homemade stuffing. The was an issue with the ham because when I figured out the cooking time I was looking at the cost per pound number instead of the weight so we needed to adjust for the ham. It was all good though and forgotten about when I turned the mixer up instead of off as I took it out of the mashed potatoes and shot it all over myself. I ended up with 3 burns by the time it was over and Steve squirted himself with turkey juice while making the gravy. Mitchell was on his best behavior today...ya right. He was stripping down and peeing everywhere he could when not being watched. Downstairs on new stair rail, throughh window of doll house. Then he bit Steven & Andrew leaving a nasty markon each. He was sent to his room both times and did stay in there quietly for his punishment. Both times he was mad they were trying to prevent him from climbing. He also decided he wasn't going to eat with us and took his bacon upstairs. By the time dessert was served we could barely move off the couch. I made my famous chocolate eclaire cake and uncle Jimmy taught Grace how to scrape the chocolate off the top without getting pudding on the spoon. Now our guests have left. Steve has gone to Jack's with Caroline & Grace, Steven is playing on computer and Mitchell is finishing ff a box of rice rusks. Thinking its going to be an early night for all.

1 comment: