glitter

Friday, November 11, 2011

Eye Doctor

I took Mitchell to the eye doctor today for his school exam. I was hoping the school wouldn't notice he was missing it but no such luck. Obviously I was very skeptical of it being a successful appointment but I was pleasantly surprised. I decided to ask my eye doctor, Dr Bury, at my last appointment if she would see Mitchell. Dr Bury has an adult brother who is mentally challenged so I figured she would be a good fit for a child with special needs. Turns out she is an awesome fit! Mitchell was not apprehensive around her at all & cooperated a bit too. It's amazing how much they can tell about someone's eyesight with a few flashes of light & shapes on a stick. Mitchell even showed off by pointing to the star and calling it by name too. We discovered Mitchell has slight Astigmatism and great tracking ability. He also has exceptional (her word) near sightedness for his age. She wants to see him every year and try to someday get him to sight for a glaucoma test & eye measurements. Insert laugh. I've decided he's like a super hero with Spidey senses & agility, Superman's vision & a pain threshold of say Thor.

No comments:

Post a Comment