glitter

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

Christmas season is upon us. With it comes hope, joy and constant worry. I start to worry about what to get Mitchell for gifts. He can't tell us what he wants or write a letter to Santa which leads to the unhealthy worrying about the future and if he will ever be able to tell me what he wants for Chtistmas which leads to will he ever be able to tell me when he's hurt or how he's feeling which leads to will he know what's going on when Steve & I die and what happens if he developes cancer or some other major health problem and so on. See how out of hand this gets? I know I should just worry about the 2 weeks school is out for the holiday but that makes my stomach drop so I try up think of other things and my kind just goes crazy. As for the school holiday , and all school holidays of the future, we have hired 2 of Mitchell's aides from school for a few hours on weekdays w/o school. This will be a huge relief for all of us. Mitchell will have someone to play with, who won't leave him alone as much as he'll try to ditch them and I can take a shower everyday before Steve comes home for dinner. There is winter camp again this year but only for 1 of the 2 weeks he is off school. My heart rate increases when a day off school approaches, a couple weeks might go me in. So glad we found found some help. We got so used to having therapy everyday that when we condensed our 6 hrs into 3 days it left us with a lot of free time. It is nice not having to drive to therapy on Thursday & Friday but it makes for a long weekend for Mitchell. So this Saturday we are going to a free social group I found for 2-6 yr olds about 30 minutes away. Hopefully it will be a good fit and can turn into a regular activity. For some reason all the cool things for Autufm are not far south like we are but I don't mind driving because that fills time too. We are looking into Aquatic therapy at the same place, sounds like fun. Glad I got that of my chest, I might be able to sleep a little tonight and have nice thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment